Monday 26 November 2012

The Art of Crafting - DIY Holiday Apron!

Can Christmas come too early? Many people think Christmas festivities should only begin in December. I disagree  based on the fact that Christmas is my favourite time of year. Not to mention, there are so many things to do for Christmas that one month could not nearly be enough. Like baking, gift shopping and wrapping, card making and sewing wonderful Christmas aprons! This post really has nothing to do with PR, but here I will try to briefly tie the two together.


I love sewing because I love creating things from ideas in my head. I create a plan of action, I execute it, I evaluate it and make adjustments if necessary, and then I have a final outcome that I judge against the initial vision I had. This is what I do with any art-form, and not surprisingly it is a method that also works well for developing creative PR strategies. Now that I have successfully linked PR to sewing, let us get to the fun part. 

I made this Christmas apron based on a pattern from Jona Giammalra (it’s an old post but amazingly well done). And I even added my own touch by adding a pocket on the front. Also, I should mention that I came across this fabulous idea on Pinterest! I just love the way visual communications and photo-sharing leads to great sources like this tutorial (Pinterest is a great PR tool). 
DIY Apron; Christmas Crafts

So anyway, had to share the final results with you (I love the prints I found) and had to tell you that this is a great gift idea and you don’t have to be a pro (I’ve only been sewing for 3 months). And really, I decided to post this to add some variety to my blog's main storyline (Step 7 post is coming) and also because my cupcake post was so popular I figured this fell along those lines too. Comment if you like and have a great day. 

P.S. I love PR.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message!